Obtaining a bicycle driver’s license
At CSDD Riga Motor Museum drivers can take the bicycle driver’s test and obtain the bicycle driving license. The minimum age to obtain a bicycle driving license is 10 years. The license can be obtained by undertaking a theory test. If you already have any other category driving license, you are allowed to ride a bicycle and you do not have to take to test. It is possible to obtain a bicycle driving license at Riga Motor Museum or any other of the 10 branch offices of CSDD by presenting the following: a valid driving license of any other category and one photograph (3x4 cm).
- passport / certificate of birth for persons under 15 years of age
- one document photograph (3x4 cm)
Applying for the test:
- Before attending the test please study carefully the regulation regarding bicycle driver’s test;
- For possibilities to take the test in other branch establishments of CSDD, please look up the CSDD home page: csdd.lv
- A representative of an education institution that has prepared children for the bicycle driver’s test, has to apply for this service in CSDD home page: berniem.csdd.lv
- The application form is filled on-line by registering all the applicants for the driver’s test and indicating the preferred time place, date and time of the drivers test. In the on-line application form the following information has to be presented about the applicants: name, surname, personal identification code, as well as upload the person’s photograph (JPG format)
- After submitting the application, a representative of CSDD shall contact the educational institution in order to confirm the tests date and time.
- Before attending the test please study carefully the regulation regarding bicycle driver’s test.
Preparing for the bicycle drivers test
- Bicycle drivers test available at CSDD home page: http://csnt.csdd.lv to test your knowledge and readiness to take the real test. There are no limitations regarding the number of times you take the test and its free of charge.
- CSDD home page for kids about road traffic safety berniem.csdd.lv
- Book about road traffic safety “Ceļā ar velosipēdu” published by “Zvaigzne ABC” in collaboration with CSDD.
- Road traffic rules: http://likumi.lv/doc.php?id=90585
Taking the test
- Individual test are organized in the bikernieki race track’s office building; school groups can take the test at their educational institution that has applied for the test
- in order to obtain the bicycle driving license, you have to successfully pass the test
- the theory test is fulfilled electronically on a PC
- The educational institution that has applied for the organization of the bicycle driver’s test must ensure a computer room with at least 10 computers with internet connection.
- The test consists of 10 questions that have to be answered in 10 minutes. The applicant has passed the test if he or she has answered correctly to at least 8 questions.
- The first time is free of charge
- 1,08 Euro for each subsequent test